One of our favorite fruits of all time has to be strawberries. They look delicious, taste delicious, and look like mini hearts – hard to top that! With summer here, strawberries are once again plentiful and sweet, much to our delight. With the warmer weather we wanted to find a light recipe that would combine our love for strawberries with our love for desserts.
We decided to bake some strawberry yogurt cookies because who doesn’t like a good cookie? We wanted to do a yogurt-based cookie since the yogurt makes the cookie lighter and moist – perfect for summer and our summer diet. We also allowed the natural taste and sweetness of the strawberries to come out by not adding any sugar.
For our yogurt we chose Alove aloe vera yogurt. This yogurt is a Japanese-style yogurt with a smooth, creamy texture. They have aloe vera gel pieces in the yogurt, making it both refreshing and delicious. We used their strawberry flavored yogurt to give our cookies some added strawberry taste. The yogurt by itself is delicious and we thought the aloe vera pieces would be perfect for summer and add a refreshing taste and texture to the cookie.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut as small as possible
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Alove strawberry flavored yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine all the wet ingredients (except sliced strawberries) in a bowl and mix
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix
- Slowly mix dry bowl into wet bowl and stir until everything is evenly combined
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture onto cooking sheet for each cookie and add sliced strawberry on top
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
Alove yogurt can be found in different grocery stores around the Bay Area. To find the location nearest you, see their Store Locator.
#aloveyogurt #alove_partner #sayaloetogoodness #aloevera #yogurt